Old People Things: Part 2
By: Koko and Airec
Welp, here we are again to tell the world that we’re getting older! During one of our frequent conversations about our aging bodies and our concerns of today’s youth, we realize again that time is still not on our side. So as we grow older (and hopefully wiser) we start to notice all the things we do differently, and the changes in the ways we view and navigate the world. This lead us to some realizations (again) that makes us a little more our age and young adult-ish.
So here is our continuation of Old People Things. We present to you, the long-awaited, part 2!
1. If 2 or more things must be remembered- you have to start a list
2. Personal property insurance
3. Planning what your children’s names will be
4. Having several bank accounts, all for different purposes
5. Your body has its own bedtime
6. A cup of coffee is a morning ritual
7. A ‘crazy Friday night’ means a bottle of wine and The Bachelorette (Airec is animes and sitcoms)
8. It takes 2 days to recover from 1 night of drinking
9. You wish you could still dial POPCORN to find out the accurate time so you can properly adjust your wrist watch
10. You wear a wrist watch
11. You’re old enough to know what POPCORN was
12. You always have Pedialyte in your fridge- ready and waiting
13. Thinking of how inappropriate a girl’s clubbing/festival attire is
14. Standing around awkwardly at an 18+ Club
15. Having Icy-Hot within arm distant
16. Thinking of names for your future pet and what kind
17. Tipping correctly
18. TUMS. So many TUMS.
19. Choosing to get a hotdog before heading home to cook over partying with a bunch of 21 year olds on a Thursday night
There it is, 19 ways we are older now. We both have felt the cruel wrath of time as our own bodies continues to break down. It doesn’t feel like it now, but you will get old someday; it’s just a sad fact of life. We’re sure that soon we’re gonna have another list of how we are entering adulthood. So watch out for that. There’s no denying that our party side is now slowing down and our ideas of fun are shifting. We just accept the fact that we’re old people now, but hey(!), we’re still cool!
Till next time, Koko and Airec.